Richland Police Nuisance Code Enforcement’s goal is to prevent the physical and visual deterioration of our community. By enforcing the Richland municipal codes, we can help you clean up your neighborhoods and maintain a healthy and safe environment.
Reporting Code Violations
Call our Code Enforcement Complaint Line at (509) 942-7739 (Monday - Thursday, 7:30 am - 4:00 pm)
- Complete a complaint form at the Richland Police Department or download the form here.
- Submit a request online through our Citizen Request Tracker
- Grass and weeds over 6” tall (Richland Municipal Code 10.04.040 P)
- Junk Vehicles must be out of public view and are defined as having at least three of the five following criteria (Richland Municipal Code RMC 10.06.030 Storage)
- Over three years old, Expired registration/license, Apparently inoperable, Extensively damaged, Scrap value only
- Inoperable Vehicle- must be out of public view and defined as a vehicle
- RV’s and Large Vehicle Storage –Boats, campers, motor homes, recreational vehicles, utility trailers, large vehicles may not be stored (parked in excess of five days) on public streets. A 10 foot setback from the roadway is required on private property (Richland Municipal Code 11.33)
- Appliances, Furniture, and Vehicle Parts Left Outside—Household appliances or vehicle parts (to include tires) must not be visible from public/private property (Richland Municipal Code 9.16.040 H)
Common Code Complaints